These features are all carried over to the εMMA and in addition, the εMMA offers enhanced features such as:
- θ-θ mode - to maintain a horizontal sample stage, essential for high temperature and non-ambient sample chambers.
- New advanced microprocessor controller, offering 8 simultaneous axes and Ethernet comms. εMMA has an IP address on a network, and can be driven from any PC on the network, or indeed the Internet, subject to bandwidth and other packet data constraints.
- New sample stages for large, heavy and bulky samples, in addition to spinning, capillary spinner, and mounting provision for a select few non-ambient stages available from PAAR ®.
- New primary beam optics such as confocal graded d-spacing mirror for transmission and Capillary modes.
- New software enhancements - includes an "accessory picker" that allows instant re-calibration after interchange of any beam component for Visual XRD. Traces includes integrations with the latest release of the ICDD databases PDF-2 and PDF-4+.
Much work has been done on thin film, surface analysis, depth profiling and reflectometry using a parallel beam detector with a very fine divergence slit. This gives particularly impressive results when used with the unique Solid-State Peltier-cooled Si PIN Diode detector. This detector offers 3 x - 4 x better sensitivity then the traditional Xe proportional detector with a curved graphite crystal monochromator.